Sunday, February 14, 2010

PAINTAPALOOZA Part 3

Carynn and I jumped back into Paintapalooza mode after I got back. The only rooms left to paint were the master bedroom and the laundry room. We made the trip to Home Depot (the Yukon can probably get there on auto pilot by now) and determined to paint the room green. We checked out the paint samples and I picked one out called "Turtle Dove" by Behr. We had the associate mix up 2 gallons in that shade. Unfortunately, when we went to pick it up it didn't look like Turtle Dove.

Another associate said he'd work with us to get the color we wanted or that he'd mix up something new for us. As the color just below Turtle Dove was Mountain Haze I said let's go for that one. He informed me that while they were very similar, Turtle Dove had yellow in it and Mountain Haze didn't. We told him to go ahead and mix up one gallon and we'd check it out.

It's true, the color was not quite Mountain Haze, but I liked it. I dubbed it Turtle Haze (since it's a combination) and had him mix up the other gallon to match it. We got home and began prepping and then painting. Carynn took a cute picture of Ty holding both the paint roller and the small paint roller. He was ready to be a two fisted painter! We started painting after he was in bed. I LOVE the color! It's a soft green that goes well with all the greens that are in the room and also makes the white trim POP!

We determined when we finished painting the bedroom that we wouldn't paint anymore. I told Carynn that I would finish the laundry room myself.

On one of our trips out, Carynn spotted some curtain panels on sale at Target. I bought two of them and made two valances for the master bedrrom. They look SO much better than the old rose ones (which have now been donated to Deseret Industries) and finish off the room nicely. I put together one of my bargain lamps from Home Depot, added an easel (found at Tai Pan Trading) to my antique mirror, moved the ficus in from the livingroom into our bedroom. The finishing touches were filling a $2.00 basket from Deseret Industries (DI) with $4.00 greenery (also from DI),using two of the small pillows from the couch with the basket of greenery to mask the cords from the TV under the sofa table and adding one of the runners from Melinda and Landan's wedding as an accent on top of the sofa table.

A later trip to DI I found a two shelf wicker unit (peach, but now spray painted white) that I could use in the vanity area in the master. It works really well as a medicine cabinet and will stay as a medicine cabinet until we decide to invest in a "real" one.

Almost done!

NS

No comments: