Monday, February 1, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane -Shanna

So in between rounds of Paintapalooza, shopping, cleaning, cooking, having fun with Ty, it was no time at all before I boarded the 6 AM shuttle to head to the airport. Now, you may remember that I had gotten to bed at 2:30 AM the morning I was leaving. After 2 hours of sleep it was time to get up, get dressed, and get out the door.

I had said goodbye to Carynn when she went to bed (at 1:30 AM) and I had said good night to Ty when he went to bed, so we (Michael and I) didn't disturb the sleeping cuties when we left at 5:15 AM. Oh, I said goodbye to Michael in the car. :)

I had thought to sleep on the way to the airport (it's nearly a two hour drive), so I strategically placed myself in the very back of the van thinking I might have it to myself. Well, just as we were getting ready to pull out the driver said that we had a person that was on her way and should be there in a few minutes. She ended up being my seat mate. So, I didn't sleep but enjoyed a fascinating conversation about all kinds of things....Turns out my seatmate had done the flowers for Celine Dion's show while she was in Las Vegas. So though I had no sleep, it was no problem.

Speaking of no problem, I was able to get my baggage and myself checked in without a problem. There were no problems on the flight either. The flight wasn't terribly crowded so there was even an empty seat between me and the guy on my row. I read most all of the time (I don't usually sleep on short flights) and ate the lunch that I had packed.

My nephew met me at baggage claim at the Denver airport. My bags made it, which I was especially pleased as I had some of the table runners from Melinda and Landan's wedding reception in the fishing rod tube that I was returning to my brother. (The rest of them were in my big bag. I brought them to use on the tables at the groom's rehearsal dinner.) We met his dad (my brother) and one of my other nephews and then it was the whirlwind of getting ready for my other nephew's rehearsal dinner, which I had offered to cook. More on that on another post.

No turbulence here!

NS

No comments: