Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Love Swimmings

During their visit in January Michael and/or I would accompany Carynn and Ty (and later Jamie) to our community pool. Carynn had packed Ty's lifejacket and swimmer diapers so we were all set for fun.

Ty loved the warm water of the pool. Sometimes he would count (he's quite good at counting) and jump from the side of the pool to his Mom or whoever was in the pool. Near the end of their stay he didn't wait to finish counting but just jumped in. He did fairly well with not running, though he often walked quickly once he climbed up out of the pool. He didn't mind the spa, but it was much hotter than the pool.

On one of their last visits to the pool, Jamie had just rinsed Ty off and had him wrapped up in the beachtowel. He was leaning back in his Daddy's arms when he called out, "I love swimmings! This is not a typographical error. He used the plural I think (only my opinion) to describe his multiple experiences with swimming. I still smile at the pure joy on his voice as he exclaimed about his experiences I couldn't help but give him a kiss and a hug.

Sweet memory,

NS

No comments: