Monday, February 1, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane -Michael

I'm a bit out of chronological order, but I'm still running with the jet plane theme so thought I'd complete the thread, to use computer speak.

Michael had his turn to leave on a jet plane too. His former boss had passed away and he had been asked to do the eulogy for the funeral in the Seattle area. So..the day after C, J & T left, it was Michael's turn to leave on a jet plane. First, he had to leave on the shuttle. It was his "maiden voyage" on the shuttle, but he did quite well, both ways. Which may not sound like a big deal, and isn't when you're going TO the airport; it's finding the right place to catch the shuttle on the way back that can be a bit tricky.Having done the shuttle thing myself at least 3 times, I was able to walk him through it using telephone technology. You know, how did we get things done before cell phones?

I'd like to say that he had a good time, and I guess in a way he did. He did enjoy reconnecting with some folks that he hadn't seen in a while. His former boss was/is a good man and Michael was pleased to be able to help the family by sharing some of his thoughts.

As a bonus he was also able to visit Lynette while he was there. It was a short trip and I was glad that he got home before all the storms started to hit.

No more jet planes for at least three weeks!

NS

No comments: