Thursday, May 21, 2009

Papa! Papa! Papa!

Last Sunday I had a Stake Young Women Event. The Stake YW president was out of town so I was conducting. As I was being recognized as part on the program for completing my Personal Progress I invited Michael, Carynn & Co., and Melinda to come. I was sitting up on the stand right before the meeting started when I heard a voice call out, "Nana." Yes, Ty was there too!

As he was being a bit too happy, Carynn got up to take him out. Just before they exited the chapel, it clicked in Ty's brain what was happening and he called out at the top of his lungs, "Papa, Papa, Papa!" and reached out towards Michael to "save" him. (I heard and saw this from my vantage point on the stand.) Of course he was just using a variation of the "Old Somebody Save Me" ploy. It didn't work, but it was funny.

I called Carynn the next day and told her that I hoped she wasn't embarassed because of Ty's being loud and dramatic. I explained that EVERY parent there recognized his outburst for what it was: a last ditch attempt to stay in the chapel by pitting one adult against another. She's a bright girl, she'd already figured that one out.

No anger, just smiles-
NS

No comments: