Saturday, April 5, 2008

Family Ties/Ty's Family

We had company this week! Due to weather, etc. my Mom and sisters hadn't been over since Thanksgiving weekend, so we were excited when they were able to come. Karra's husband, Carl was able to come too (he often can't visit because of his coaching schedule). Their four children and Taurie, Erin's daughter also came to visit.

Though we stay in touch by phone, it was great to be able to catch-up in person. My sisters are both much younger than me, (9 and 11 years to be exact) which they like to point out frequently-including yesterday while we were enjoying lunch at Rancho Viejo after going to the temple. (I teased them that they shouldn't have teased me until AFTER I had picked up the check!)

Everyone was excited to see how much Ty had grown since November. Initially having 9 people SO excited to see him all at once seemed to concern Ty a bit when he was getting reaquainted with everyone. But, he recovered quickly and enjoyed visiting with this great aunts, his great uncle and his cousins. My mom is staying another week so Ty will have lots of opportunity to see his great grandma. He's such a smiler, he charmed them all! Of course Michael (Papa), Melinda and I made sure we had our share of "face" time with Ty too. :)

We enjoy these times as we continue to strengthen our family ties AND Ty gets to know his extended family.

NS

No comments: