Saturday, March 1, 2008

Flying Solo or Papa's Report

I have a "guest" writer for today's entry. I'm titling this posting Flying Solo because tonight Michael had the opportunity to watch Ty while Carynn and Jamie went to the Symphony. Carynn had asked me earlier in the week if we could watch Ty so they could use some tickets they had for the Symphony. I was happy (as always) to oblige but since Melinda and I would be at a church activity we couldn't babysit Ty. Well, Michael stepped up and said he'd like to watch Ty for the evening so here's his report:

6:30 PM Shanna's still home when Carynn and Ty arrive. Carynn gives detailed instructions and shows me how to "swaddle" Ty when laying him down for bed. She then leaves.
7:00 PM Shanna gets the bottle ready and we begin feeding. This takes some time as Ty needs to be burped, etc.
7:10 PM Shanna leaves for the church activity (Melinda had left earlier), so it's just me, Ty and the dog at home. I continue to feed him.
7:40 PM After feeding and burping Ty and playing with him (he's starting to grab at things now), I try putting him in the swing. He likes that for maybe 10 minutes, and then fusses.
7:50 PM I walk around with him for a few minutes. We walk through the family room, hallway and kitchen more than once. The dog follows us the whole time. Ty seems to like when I walk around with him.
8:00 ish He's starting to not be happy when I'm walking him which I know is an indication that he needs to be swaddled and put to bed. I do this.
8:15ish He fusses a little, but falls asleep.
8:30 PM-10:30 PM I check on him often to make sure he's breathing.
10:45 PM Carynn and Jamie come to take Ty home.
10:46 PM Shanna arrives back from the activity. She has time to talk to the kids and that's about all as they're just getting him ready to take home (he stayed asleep during the transfer between the bassinette and his carseat).

That's my report!

Well done, Michael! You did a fantastic job flying solo! (I knew he could do it, it'd just been a LONG time since he has done so.)

NS

No comments: