Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Tie for Ty



Carynn and I had hoped to find an Easter outfit for Ty when we checked out Kohl's during their grand opening. Unfortunately there just wasn't anything in his size. So, since Carynn already had two collared shirts for him we determined (and I volunteered) to make him a tie to go with one or both of them. My goal was to have it done for Easter Sunday.

We checked out Hancock Fabrics and found three fabrics that could work. I borrowed a tie from one of my friends (thanks Jenna) to use as a pattern. One day Michael and I stopped by C & J's and Michael tied a strip of scrap material around Ty's neck (that was fun to watch) in the conventional Windsor knot. We figured out that from the knot to Ty's waist was 5". With those measurements to go on it was time to get creative.

I finished his first tie yesterday. I used velcro to fasten it which should be hidden by his collar. Since it's a one-of-a-kind tie I even signed it, (Love Nana 2008). It almost looks too little, but we tried it on him and it should work fine. I told Carynn that I'd love to post a picture of him wearing it for my blog, so stay tuned.

Happy Spring! Happy Easter!

NS

1 comment:

The Hansen Clan said...

You are such a good Nana - I can't wait to see the finished product!