Monday, February 25, 2008

Smile for the camera!

Last night Carynn, Jamie and Ty came over for Sunday dinner (salad, crockpot stew, french bread, with brownies for dessert). Ty was asleep when they arrived, so we just peeked in at him so he could finish his nap. It was great to see them. I'm glad they can come up nearly every Sunday so we can "catch up" with what's been going on all week. I put "catch up" in quotes because we usually talk every day, and we often see them during the week, but usually Sunday dinner is the time when we can ALL be together.

Carynn had Ty Michael dressed in a pair of his jeans, striped onesie, coordinating hoodie, socks and cute shoes hoping that when he got up, and after he'd been fed, they'd be able to do an updated family picture. (During their previous "formal" family picture taken at Bret and Laura's Open House at Thanksgiving time he hadn't been particularly happy for the photo session.)

So the plan was put into motion. Dinner for us, nap for Ty. Dinner for an awake Ty, and then family pictures! So PICTURE THIS: Carynn, Jamie and Ty positioned sitting on the raised hearth of the fireplace in our formal living room. Michael and Melinda each have a digital camera. I'm employed trying to make Ty smile. Now I used the word "make" Ty smile. He smiles often, he laughs too. It's the smiling ON CUE so cameras can click that is trickier. I used our friend Baby Big Bird to help. One of the challenges was having him smile in the direction of the picture taker because he'd look at me and smile or he'd look at his mom or dad and smile. Michael and Melinda would probably say that one of "their" challenges was having me get out of the way so that pieces of me or what I was holding/waving (arms, legs, head, Baby Big Bird) weren't part of the family picture.

Ty cooperated wonderfully. At times it was funny to see an almost a quizzical look on his face-his expressive eyebrows raised or drawn together as if to say, "Okay, I'll keep doing this if you want me too, but aren't we done yet?"

They're a beautiful little famly and I think between them (Michael and Melinda) they got some great shots. I'm sure Carynn will be posting some of them on "Baby Central" soon. Michael also took some candids of Ty before the "photo shoot" so perhaps those will be featured as well.

I'm smiling too just thinking of them. Happy Monday!

NS

No comments: