Thursday, November 12, 2009

Puzzle Time

Ty has enjoyed the puzzles that we've had for forever. Okay, not forever, but some of them date back to at least Melinda's tender years. It has been fun for me to observe how his manual dexterity has increased over time. At first, I would need to put the animals or objects into their correct places in the puzzle tray with Ty identifying them. Now the shoe, or the puzzle piece, is on the other foot.

Just yesterday, Ty brought the two wooden tray puzzles that we have into the kitchen and sat down with me. He dumped them both out at the same time and I held the bases while he deftly maneuvered the pieces into place. He would twirl the piece around and then "pop" it where it needed to go and then quickly move on to the next piece. Sometimes he, or I, would make the sounds associated with the puzzle piece whether it was an animal or some other object.

Puzzle time is fun!

NS

No comments: