Monday, November 23, 2009

"I'm Running." " I'm Okay."

I may have mentioned in a previous post (can't remember if I did for sure or not and too lazy to look) that when Carynn and Ty accompanied Jamie on a day long business trip they stopped along the way for Ty to stretch his legs. Well, he stretched them all right! They stopped at Lowe's and let him run through the aisles. Since then, Carynn tells me, Ty ALWAYS wants to run; especially when he's in a store. That doesn't always happen, but when it can, he enjoys it tremendously. I saw that the other day when they stopped by to see how Michael was doing (Michael had some outpatient sinus surgery). I met them outside as I was about to get the mail. Carynn called out to Ty-"On your mark, get set, go!" and he started running towards me. He called out as he ran, "Im running!"

When I had the mail safely gathered, Ty was ready to turn around and do the return trip back towards the house. He ran and fell. He didn't "bonk" his head, but landed with his hands out in front of him. His coat broke his fall too. What was cute/funny was that he called out "I'm Okay" immediately when he fell before Carynn and I could even ask him if he was okay. He didn't really cry but was a bit sad and did appreciate kisses on his hands to make the owies all better. Then it was time to go into the house and see how Papa was doing.

I'm okay too!

Love, NS

No comments: