Sunday, April 15, 2012

Seven Months - Finding Happiness

Michael has been so wonderful over the years taking pictures of the children. He wanted to make sure that there would be plenty of documentation of their lives. One of the shots he often has them do is what I call the "looking toward heaven" pose. You see that in the two pictures shown here of Lynette.


So my dearest Lynette, I'm looking toward heaven and remembering you today as it's been seven months since you left us behind. At times I forget and think about calling you about some little thing and then I remember that you can't get my calls right now.

I'm working at discovering joy in my journey here. I was reminded about finding happiness by a dear friend who gave us an Easter card with this quote:
Happiness is like
A butterfly which,
When pursued, is always
Beyond our grasp,
But, if you will
Sit down quietly,
May alight upon you.
-Nathaniel Hawthorne

I think I'm getting a little bit better at sitting quietly, if not always literally, figuratively. I am sustained, I am blessed, and sometimes I am also happy.

NS






No comments: