Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sweet Ethan

I titled this post "Sweet Ethan" because I feel so fortunate to have been able to spend some time with Ethan and his parents this last weekend. It would also have been perfectly accurate to title this post "Sweet Michael" as my dear husband was the one who suggested that I go up to see them.

After a 4 1/2 hour drive with my 12 new friends in the van shuttle (actually due to the way the seats are I only could speak easily to about 3 or 4 people, but we had a good time), Bret picked me up at the drop off spot and took me to their home. Laura was a sweetheart and delayed Ethan's nap so I could see him. Isn't he a cutie? He's growing so much too!



While I was there I was able to observe how well Bret and Laura have taken to parenting. They sure do love their little guy.






One of my favorite activities (though I don't have any pictures of it) was getting Ethan to laugh and "talk." There's something about a baby's delighted laugh that just warms you inside. Ty's laugh does that to me too. I also enjoyed reading him stories, testing his motor and cognitive skills (he's brilliant) and encouraging him to jump in his jumper.

It was a wonderful weekend. I'm so glad I got to spend some time with Ethan and his mommy and daddy.

(Oh, I also ate a lot of good food and watched some good movies too.)

Sweet Ethan, Sweet Michael.

NS

1 comment:

Jamie and Carynn said...

Yay Ethan! What a cutie! And an aside: love how your sweater goes with the blog theme mom. :)