Monday, January 24, 2011

Another Birthday in January



It's between 4:30 and 5:00 AM Tuesday morning, January 24, 1978 and we're all set to go to the hospital. Michael put the camera on the tripod and set the timer so that he could be in the picture too. I'm feeling pretty miserable and did not really want my picture taken. I find out why I'm so miserable when we get to the hospital and learn after the examination that I'm already in transition.

My navy plaid coat's on the chair, and though I won't be able to button it since I'm so hugely pregnant, I'll still wear it on the ride to the hospital. It is January after all. We still have the afghan that's draped across the chair. It was a wedding gift. As a sign of the times note the blue shag carpet (not my choice, it was already in the house when we bought it), wrought iron and panelling.


Here's the newborn picture the hospital took of Lindsay. I can't remember if they did it the day she was born or the day after. I love those chubby cheeks. I think this picture makes her hair look lighter.

Michael did a photo session with Lindsay when she was a week and a half old. These would be the last pictures we have of her. I'm so glad that he took them. I still have the blue blanket and sleeper. I keep them in a little trunk along with her baby book, cards, funeral program and a dried pink rose from her casket spray. Reminders of her, of us, 33 years ago.


See also my posting titled "Reflections" February 2008.

Sweet eternal daughter you are loved and remembered.

NS

No comments: