Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Favorite Picture


It's wonderful to have a grandson that is so photogenic. Of course, I'm not prejudiced at all, right? It probably also helps to have a husband that is is such a great photographer. When Michael showed me this image I think I said to him, "This is my new favorite picture of Ty." The composition of the picture itself is wonderful with the lake and the wildflowers, etc. But darling Ty is what takes the picture from just a pretty scenic shot to a character shot.

What I mean by that is not that our grandson is a character; though he is-he's got a great personality. No I mean that I think the photo shows Ty's willingness to explore and experience life. He is very much a sponge at this point, soaking up ideas and trying new things.

He has great verbal skills too. Tonight when I said goodbye to them and added, "I love you." He piped right up with, "I love you too." We're starting to get to the point where our conversations are not his mom telling him what to say and him parroting it, but his very own observations and opinions expressed (sometimes strongly).

Ty is an original and I love this picture!

NS

No comments: