Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sit

We stopped by Carynn and Jamie's a week or so ago. Michael and Carynn were talking inside and Ty and I decided to go outside and play. Ty was mowing the lawn with his bubble blower mower and then decided he was done with that. He went over to his bucket of yard toys, dumped them out, grabbed what he wanted and then invited me to join him by saying, "Sit." He often accompanies that with a patting motion on the empty space next to him. So I sat. We had a good time playing with his toys.

Then we moved over to the gravel/sand area. He invited me to sit again, so I sat. It felt good sitting next to my grandson, talking with him, playing with him. I think there is often time in my life where I don't take the time to just "sit." Whether it's with him or with someone else. I'm going to try to be better at that. I hope anyone reading this will think about that time.

Take time to sit. I've an empty space by me, won't you join me?

NS

No comments: