Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Apples and Pears

Ty had "helped" Papa pick apples and pears up over Labor Day. Well, Carynn and I had our "Second Annual Mom/Carynn Applesauce Fest" on September 16. Now September 16 was a very busy day in and of itself though it didn't necessarily start out that way.

I had committed to hosting the BYOP (Bring Your Own Project) group and had scheduled the first meeting on September 16. We didn't have a huge group, but we all had things to work on and at noon I had invited Carynn to come help do the sauce. Since we had a late start we didn't get as many batches done before she had to leave, but we did get one batch ready and in the canner and one ready after that.

Anyway, it ended up being a long night, but I was all done by 10:00 PM. In addition to the applesauce I got 4 quarts of pear sauce done. I'm excited to try those. The apples and pears from Michael's trees look much better this year. Between the spraying and the pruning they aren't as buggy and they are bigger.

Yum!
NS

No comments: