Sunday, March 1, 2009

March 1, 1973

36 years ago on this date I met the man who would be my husband. I was at a young adult dance for our church. I remember the dances were held on Thursday nights. I can't recall who I rode with (I didn't have my driver's license yet and was between boyfriends) but it was probably one of my girl friends.

This very cute, tall guy with brown hair and glasses asked me to dance. I was wearing a long yellow dress that I had made. I danced a fast dance and a slow dance with Michael. I kind of blew him off since he wasn't a member of the church (he didn't know what ward or stake he was in) and offered a "See you next week," at the end of the dance.

He came back the next week and the rest, as they say, is history. Thirty-six years of it.

And making a long story VERY short, that's how I became....


Nana Shanna

2 comments:

Bret Miller said...

Cute story Mom. March 1st is also a special day for Bret and I...our first kiss.

Bret Miller said...

PS. that was Laura not Bret