Thursday, December 4, 2008

The green-eyed monster

Wait, before you think I'm talking about our little sweetie Ty, I will fess up and tell you that I'M THE GREEN EYED MONSTER and here's why:
We were so glad when Carynn, Jamie and Ty got back home so we stopped over to see them briefly on Monday. It was a great visit. Ty played with his toys, with us, though he seemed to prefer his grandpa. I didn't let that bother me though.

Well Wednesday, they (Carynn and Ty)came over to our house. Carynn made some delicious brownies using our most favorite calorie laden recipe. Ty played with grandpa, had a snack, banged the spoons I gave him and showed a DECIDED preference for his grandpa. Carynn said that he does that because Michael (Papa) gives him all the things he's not supposed to eat or drink (like pop,brownies, etc.). Well we decided to do the "Who Will He Go to Experiment" to find out.

For Part I of the experiment Carynn stood about six feet away from Michael and I. We were allowed to hold our arms out but not say anything. Carynn let go of Ty and he made a beeline for Michael. So then it was on to Part II of the experiment.

Part II of the experiment involved Carynn and I repeating the steps from Part I. Unfortunately when Michael set Ty down he opted not to walk to either Carynn or I. So then it was on to Part III.

Part III involved me holding a small bit of a brownie in my hand. Sure enough when Michael set Ty down he came to me, took the brownie and then walked right back to Michael. Sigh...

So I say that I'm a green-eyed monster because Ty seems to prefer Michael to me. I say it very lightheartedly though. I know he loves me.

He's my little sweetie! I'm so glad that they're back home. We missed them when they were in Oregon for Thanksgiving week.

NS

No comments: