Saturday, December 20, 2008

Box Boy

It's been interesting watching Ty discover new ways to maneuver himself. Last week it was about getting onto and off of his riding toys. He would lift his leg over but he kept ending up facing backward. So he would problem solve that by getting off of the opposite side and swinging his leg back over. Michael called it a three step process. I'm sure he'll make it a one step process sometime soon.

This week it was about boxes. Carynn had placed an empty box on the floor. It was a perfect size for Ty to climb into since it was only about six inches tall. It didn'thave a top and since it was so shallow he would bend over holding onto the sides of the box and step in and then sit down. It was a snug fit but he enjoyed doing it.

Ty's very inquisitive and quick! I mean not only can he move quickly, but he learns quickly. I think he's very bright. I know I'm prejudiced since he's my grandson, but he's always been very much aware and interested in what's going on around him. I can almost see his thought processes click when he understands something or figures out how to do something.

Oh and we still play the game where I give him two spoons to play with whenever I feed him. He always smiles when I do that. (I still sing the Ty Michael song to him when no one is looking.)

Love,
NS

No comments: