Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ty and Nana Time

Ty and I had a great time this last week. I had the opportunity to watch him while Carynn went to have her hair done. We had a good time playing. He demonstrated his super-fast crawling skills, his steady on his feet while standing skills and his voracious appetite. He does like to eat.

One way I keep him occupied while he eats is to hand him two large metal spoons. He bangs those around, puts them in his mouth, invariably drops one (or both), I then wash them, and place them back on his high chair tray and the game begins again. It's a fun game, really.

Tonight after Sunday Dinner we played a game with Ty that we used to play with our children when they were babies. We had Melinda hold Ty at one side of the living room and two or more of us positioned ourselves on the other side of the room. The "game" was to see who Ty would come to when Melinda sat him down. I, unfortunately, did not "win" at all. Carynn won all of the "heats" she was in and Michael won the others. Melinda did pretty good. Ty did get a bit distracted when Michael "cheated" and used a wooden block from my patriotic decorations to lure him. Sigh, some people will do anything to win. It's good I'm "above" all that. Just kidding. It was fun to play an old game with a new young one.

I'm so thankful that we live so close to Carynn and Jamie and Ty so that we can see them often.

NS

No comments: