Thursday, July 3, 2008

Eight months old! or I can do it all by myself!

I'm excited that Ty is eight months old! When I compare his pictures at birth through now, it's amazing to see the changes he's made in growth and development. Since it's been so long since our youngest (Melinda) was that age, there have definitely been things that I've forgotten.

One of Ty's latest "things" is holding his bottle by himself. He does it quite well. I witnessed that this last week when they were visiting. I also like to "sneak" him sips of water by holding a cup up to his lips and tilting it ever so slightly. A miniscule amount comes out and he really likes that (squeals of delight and happy feet kicking).

Just a few days ago Grandpa got in "trouble" for feeding Ty an Otter Pop. Not just because of the colored frozen sugar water issue, but because he (and Ty) got it all over Ty's brand new outfit. It's like deja vu-I remember Michael doing things like that when our children were young.

We're excited to go to the cabin for the 3rd of July! (That's when they do the fireworks there.) Then it's back home for our annual 4th of July fireworks open house. Then I'm out of town for a week and a half visiting family and attending a wedding.

Celebrate!

NS

No comments: