Sunday, December 16, 2007

Baby Jesus

Last evening I had the privilege of holding Baby Jesus. Actually it was Ty Michael waiting in the wings of the stage for his cue to join Mary (Carynn) and Joseph (Jamie) as part of Carynn and Jamie's ward's Christmas Party. When he grows up he can tell his family that his first calling was to serve as Baby Jesus for a Nativity play.

At the run-through prior to the event tonight, the lady who organized the event told me that she had a doll that I could hand to Carynn just in case Ty was acting up. We didn't need to use it as Ty played his part perfectly! He was asleep in my arms when Carynn came to get him from me. Jamie came back for the swaddling bands (a blanket). Ty stayed asleep almost on the hay (they did have a real manger there) for the entire time that he was "performing." Carynn would look down at him (Ty) then Jamie would be looking at both of them (Ty and Carynn) and I would look at all of them and I teared up for I felt the Spirit so strong on different levels.

I'm glad that Michael and I were there to participate and enjoy this event.

NS

No comments: