Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Traveling Ty

Last Monday Carynn and Ty followed my sister up to her place north of Omak. Karra (my sister) had been at our home the previous weekend to participate in Melinda's bridal shower. Since Jamie had Scout camp last week, and Karra had a major project she wanted help with, Carynn and Ty decided it was time for a road trip. Since Jamie had the big car with the DVD player, Carynn borrowed my portable DVD player to help Ty pass the time. One of my sister's children also rode with them. All went well on the trip up. Carynn worked hard to help my sister achieve her goal of reorganizing her craft room. What a difference! (They sent me pictures via phone to keep me updated.) The Dynamic Duo of Carynn and Ty started their trip home on Thursday, the 25th. We invited them to stop by the cabin to visit us and break up their trip. They thought that was a great idea (Jamie was still at Scout camp) and made the 3 hour drive in good time considering it was just the two of them. (Thank goodness for portable electronics!)I really needed a Ty fix so I was glad they could. Papa was too.

Ty loves riding in the golf cart that we keep at the cabin. As soon as he could, he made his way to the garage and climbed in and waited. He eventually got his ride. Or I should say rides. He played a bit on the beach with Papa, and even got wet, but the water was a bit brisk.

The four of us had a relatively quiet night as we were all tired from our various adventures. Traveling Ty went down for the night at a good time and the rest us stayed up a while longer but were very low key. It's so relaxing just to be at the cabin.

Early the next afternoon it was time to head for home. Traveling Ty and his mom left just before I did. Michael had left an hour and a half earlier as he was riding his bike part way home. All arrived home safely.

More travels to come!
NS

No comments: