Friday, January 23, 2009

Back in town!

I got back into town yesterday afternoon. It was a very long day. We got up very early to get me to where I needed to go. All went well, but by the time last night came around I was dragging...Carynn and Melinda convinced me to spend the night with all of them and so I did. It was wonderful catching up with everyone (Insert Ty's name here!), and "chilling." I woke up early this morning since my body is used to another time zone. Ty happened to wake up around the same time so he and I enjoyed some time together. He smiled when I gave him the two spoons to bang together while he was eating breakfast; I smiled too.

There's so much to catch up on so first things first...15 month status report...Ty had his appointment (and some more shots) the day before yesterday. He's now 31 1/2 inches tall and weighs 21 pounds 7 1/2 ounces. He's in the 50th percentile for height and in the 110th percentile for intelligence. Okay, so I exaggerated a little bit, but he is very bright. Here's an example from just the other day. Carynn was in the living room when Ty comes walking in with a diaper and the travel size package of baby wipes. Sure enough he was poopy.

Ty's also very quick when it comes to figuring things out. He figured out that not only will the angel figure on his Fisher Price Nativity make the music go on when he puts it in place, but that if he SITS on it it will make the music go too. Fortunately it'll bear his weight. I shouldn't have laughed when he did this, but it looked quite funny.

Ty's also a TOP CHEF! He's not only into spoons, but will open the drawer under the stove (about the only one that isn't babyproofed since nothing in it can hurt him) and pull out the skillets and use utensils to stir food. He even puts them away. When I asked him to close the drawer instead of using his hand he used his belly.

It's so wonderful to see my favorite little guy. I get to spend some time with him again tomorrow as Carynn and Jamie have a bank function to attend. I know we'll have fun.

I love being a nana!

NS

No comments: